The City of Purvis peruses code enforcement to help maintain the health, safety, and general welfare of the public. Code Enforcement helps maintain and improve the quality of life in Purvis by ensuring compliance with the Town’s Code of Ordinances. The Planning Department does this through fair and unbiased enforcement actions to correct violations and educate property owners on how to maintain compliance.
Submitting a Complaint
If you have a potential code violation that you want the City to investigate, you can call the City Hall at 601-794-2472, visit us in person at 136 Shelby Speights. Please be prepared with specific details about the condition and location of the property in question.
- Abandoned vehicles left on private property
- Junked (dismantled or wrecked) vehicles which are inoperable
- Accumulations of garbage or other refuse materials
- Appliances, furniture, and mattresses placed on curbs without calling for a special pick-up
- Any condition that may become a breeding place for pests or create an unsafe condition
- Unmaintained grass/weeds that reach 18 inches in height